LEED-Certified “Green” Contractor in South Florida
Langer Electric Service Co. is a family-owned and -operated company that has been in continuous operation in South Florida since 1939. In addition, our construction division has participated in some of the area's most recognized commercial projects, including high-rises, hotels, restaurants and shopping malls. We are ready and able to meet our customer's service needs from Orlando to Key West.
For homes and businesses, Langer Electric Service Co. provides a full range of electrical repairs, remodeling and new construction. Langer Electric Service Co.'s scope of installation, maintenance and construction services covers 24-hour emergency service, power and energy management systems, infrared thermography, points of sale, signaling, telemetry circuits, power distribution, and analog and digital wiring. Langer Electric Service Co. also provides lighting services for signs and parking lots.
Some of our completed projects and service accounts include educational institutions, hospitals, aviation facilities, restaurants, office buildings, warehouses, residential high-rises, banks, theaters, hotels, generator plants, pump stations, and charter and public schools.
Langer Electric Service Co.'s excellent safety record is the direct result of ongoing attention to safety matters. Our team conducts monthly meetings with staff and contractors, and all of our work conforms to applicable industry standards as dictated by the National Electrical Code and the Florida Building Code. We believe that the customer is the most important part of our business. For this reason, we give our clients the excellence in service they demand, with the personal attention they deserve – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We guarantee you will be satisfied with our work!
Incentives for Energy-Efficient Lighting
Managers or supervisors looking for a good reason to begin energy-efficient lighting projects this year will have five incentives to consider:
- Utility Rebates: Most local utility companies offer energy-efficient rebate programs that cover lighting retrofits and new construction. The LED lamps, however, must meet your utility's energy-efficient requirements. Be aware that some "lesser" LED lamps will not meet qualifications for rebates, so be sure to check with your utility or ILYMAR LIGHTING distributor for rebate qualification.
- EPAct 2005: Federal's Energy Policy Act of 2005 provides a tax deduction of up to $0.60 per square foot for energy-efficient lighting improvements on commercial buildings.
- IRS Section 179: The maximum deduction for equipment purchased or financed has been raised to $500,000. This is up from $139,000 in 2012. Remember to apply this tax deduction for your new lighting equipment.
- Free grant/funding: Some local governments provide free grants for energy-efficient lighting, while other utilities offer no-interest financing for T12 replacement. They are on a first-come-first-served basis; many are running out. You will want to apply while the money is still available.
- Zero-cost financing: Some financial institutions offer financing programs in which the repayment is paid by the energy savings realized through the energy-efficient lighting project. There are therefore no out-of-pocket costs for the organization that implements the project.
Request an Estimate